Monday, September 22, 2008

News, News

So life has continued and I have moved on... literally. After having lived for the past year in the Chicago area, I packed up and moved back to New Hampshire. It definitely wasn't in my plans to go back for anything save holidays and visits, but God had something else in mind for me. I can only ignore His nudges for so long before he uses a brick upside my head. In this case it was a mix of work and parental need. As in, I was growing weary of being the fall girl at work and my parents really needed my help for an undetermined length of time.


It was very difficult for me to move back into my parents' home. They had made it very clear before I left that it was "their" home and I totally respect that. Living away from them was very liberating for me. I found a new love in running and physical fitness. Dancing in clubs and singing in karaoke bars were things I enjoyed doing there. I think I had to go away in order to really discover who I am and learn my capabilities. I haven't found them all, but it was a good start.

One thing I did while in Chicago is date. Now don't get me wrong, I did date in New Hampshire. Its just that a 2 year dry spell was creeping on me and I wanted to actually go out more. Prior to my move, I was growing very frustrated in my lack of dating. I figured something must be wrong with me... Why else would no one want to go out with me? The ironic thing is that it took 1000 miles, and a couple months of not dating there, to realize that NOTHING is wrong with me. There is a phenomenal woman residing in my skin. I don't need some guy to validate my awesomeness. The fact is everyone is amazing. Once I really began to believe that, it was like I was a magnet. (At least for guys who didn't have confident women near them).

I've been back in New Hampshire for about 4 and a half months. I am living in my parents' home, and I'm okay with that. I have been dating, some. And I have been alone some. The whole bitter, desperate, fearful woman who can't bear the thought of being alone has died. The phoenix who rose from the ashes of that woman's demise is just discovering herself, and likes what she sees so far. I have learned so much from my mistakes, experiences. I can't wait to see where this part of my life takes me.

A hopeful breeze will be here all day, clearing the pollen and humidity.

Please give your comments and share.

Thanks,

The Tallgurrl

No comments: